The Year-By-Year Adventures Of Beady Eye’s Liam Gallagher (page 2)
June 20, 2011 7:36 PM
- Oasis becomes one of the biggest bands in the world with the release of What’s The Story, Morning Glory? thanks to hit singles like “Champagne Supernova” and “Wonderwall.”
- (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? is the third biggest-selling album in UK chart history–right behind [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Queen[/lastfm]‘s Greatest Hits and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Beatles[/lastfm]‘ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- Liam kicks founding drummer Tony McCarroll out of Oasis after a fight.
- Oasis starts a media fight with fellow, but musically very different, Britpop band, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Blur[/lastfm].
- Oasis played their first headline outdoor concerts at Maine Road Football Ground, Manchester in late April.
- The band also played sold-out back-to-back concerts at Knebworth in August–the largest demand for a show in British history.
- Liam pulls out of the groups MTV Unplugged performance citing a sore throat, but spent the entire show making fun of his brother’s singing.
- Oasis starts to record their third album, Be Here Now, at prestigious studios like Abbey Road Studios.