Tonight’s HFS Locals Only Spotlight artist is Constant Alarm, a four-piece indie rock band from Washington, D.C.
Explaining the band’s history will probably sound like a bunch of random things we made up:
- The band was born out of a collaboration with a funk band.
- Three of the four members are “lefty political hacks”…and fourth one is a lawyer. (As they explain it, “The band was formed so that the various members would have something other than politics to talk about at parties.”)
- Their lead vocalist hails originally from Costa Rica.
- They’re by no means a part of the D.C. punk scene, but they recorded their album at the legendary Inner Ear Studios, where much of D.C.’s punk history was laid on tape. Keeping with the DIY ethos of D.C.’s punk scene, they used a Kickstarter campaign to pay for it.
- Their next show is somewhere in D.C. on Friday, October 5th…but they won’t say exactly where it’ll be yet.
Rather than trying to make sense of these factoids, you’re better off just hearing their music and checking out their website at www.constantalarm.com.
If you’ve got a local band you’d like us to feature on the HFS Locals Only Spotlight weeknights at 9 PM, here’s how to get your stuff to us.
Constant Alarm — “Breathe You”