It’s October. So as far as many are concerned, it’s Halloween all month. There is no other weird and wacky holiday we love more than that which celebrates freaks and geeks, and grown men over their peaks dressing like pimps and pumpkins. It’s become such a big holiday and money-maker that costume shops pop up in September.
Of all the Halloween monsters and spooksters, our favorite are the much misaligned ghosts.
Either considered friendly or fierce, ghosts are seemingly just the spirits of the dead who haven’t completed their mission on this earthly plane. Or are they? Let’s stop thinking about it because it’s totally freaking us out.
- “Ghost In You” -Psychedelic Furs
- “Spirits In The Material World” -The Police
- “The Hungry Ghost” -The Cure
- “Walking With A Ghost” -The White Stripes (Tegan and Sara)
- “Ghost of Frankenstein” -The Misfits
- “After All” -Black Sabbath
- “The Apparition” -Iron Maiden
- “Ghost Riders In The Sky” -Johnny Cash
- “Rock ‘N Roll Ghost” -The Replacements
- “Ghost Town” -The Specials
- “The Ghost Of Tom Joad” -Rage Against The Machine (originally by Bruce Springsteen)
- “Living Dead Girl” -Rob Zombie
- “Dead Man’s Party” -Oingo Boingo
- “The Ghost Inside” -Broken Bells
- “Is There A Ghost?” -Band Of Horses
- “Bodysnatchers” -Radiohead
- “Ghosts I-IV” -Nine Inch Nails
- “Telling Ghosts” -Puscifer
- “Standing On Ghosts” -Two Door Cinema Club
- “The Ghost Of You” -My Chemical Romance
–Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles