Black Keys And RZA Collaborate On “Baddest Man Alive” For Quentin Tarantino Soundtrack
It’s only fitting that the RZA-directed Kung Fu film would feature a title track his lyrical skills and frothy beats. But when it was revealed that he’d teamed with the bluesy duo of The Black Keys, fans of both artists started spinning out. How would this marriage sound? Today we find out.
Fitting of The Man With Iron Fists, RZA and the team of Auerbach and Carney set up an expectedly bluesy loop while assisting the rapper with soulfully scratchy harmonies.
RZA has maintained the soundtrack’s hype by releasing songs over the past few months including “Black Out” and “Built For This” featuring a host of fellow hip hop icons.
Click the album art to listen to “Baddest Man Alive.”
The Man With Iron Fists Tracklist
- The Black Keys & RZA – “The Baddest Man Alive”
- Ghostface Killah, M.O.P & Pharoahe Monch – “Black Out”
- Kanye West – “White Dress”
- The Revelations feat. Tre Williams – “I Forgot To Be Your Lover”
- Talib Kweli & RES – “Get Your Way (Sex as a Weapon)”
- Raekwon, Ghostface Killah & Kool G. Rap – “Rivers of Blood”
- Method Man, Freddie Gibbs & StreetLife – “Built for This”
- 24 Carat Black – “Poverty’s Paradise”
- Killa Sin – “The Archer”
- RZA & Flatbush Zombies – “Just Blowin’ In The Wind”
- Corrine Bailey Rae – “Chains”
- Pusha T & Raekwon – “Tick Tock”
- Frances Yip – “Green is the Mountain”
- The Wu-Tang Clan – “Six Directions of Boxing”
- Mabel John – “Your Good Thing Is About To End”
Starring RZA, Lucy Lui, Russel Crowe and co-written by Hostel’s Eli Roth, The Man With The Iron Fists opens November 2nd. The film’s soundtrack hits stores October 23rd via Soul Temple/Stax/Red; also available now for pre-order.
– Jay Tilles, CBS Local