Iconic electronic and EDM label Astralwerks will celebrate its 20th anniversary by releasing a limited edition box-set for Record Store Day (April 20). The limited edition box-set will showcase 20 artists from the label’s two decades pressed onto 20 vinyl flexi discs, highlighting important milestones for the label.
Since its inception in 1993, Astralwerks has been on the leading edge of electronic and DJ culture, helping to launch the U.S. careers of acts like Fatboy Slim, Swedish House Mafia, and Air. The label has continued to evolve by releasing the next generation of electronic dance music with Gold Fields and Empire Of The Sun.
“This anniversary box set is really only a snapshot, when compared to the entire canon of extraordinary artists we have worked with,” said Astralwerks General Manager Glenn Mendlinger in a statement. “The tracks included are a mix of staff and fan favorites, commercial highlights and unsung rarities.”
Additional info is available at astralwerks.com/20/.
- Future Sound of London – The Far Out Son Of Lung And The Ramblings Of A Madman
- The Chemical Brothers – Block Rockin’ Beats
- The Beta Band – Dry The Rain
- Fatboy Slim – Praise You
- Cassius – Cassius 1999
- Doves – The Cedar Room
- Kings of Convenience – Winning A Battle, Losing The War (J-Walk Remix)
- Basement Jaxx – Where’s Your Head At
- Royksopp – Poor Leno
- Sia – Breathe Me
- Hot Chip – My Shit’s On Fire Right Now
- The Kooks – Put Your Back to My Face
- Empire Of The Sun – Walking On A Dream
- David Guetta – Sexy Bitch (feat. Akon)
- Air – Indian Summer
- Kraftwerk – Die Roboter German language version of “The Robots.”
- Eric Prydz – Allein
- Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child
- Diamond Rings – Put Me On (Diamond Dance)
- Gold Fields – Dark Again
Record Store Day is an annual celebration of the independent record store on April 20th, 2013. The day includes exclusive (many vinly only) releases by many major artists including Jack White, Mumford & Sons, David Bowie and more. For full list of scheduled releases and participating stores visit www.recordstoreday.com.
— Bradford Hornsby, LIVE 105/San Francisco